In this digital world, network security is one of the most pivotal aspects of any product. With the latest technologies such as the Internet of Things, Cloud Computing etc, we have gone fully digital. Any hindrance to the security will lead to terrible losses for the individual. And this is exactly why companies are investing heavily in the cyber security sector. In this article, we at Livewire Ambernath one of the premium institutes in the Neral, Kalyan, Ulhasnagar, Badlapur area, will explain to you different types of security attacks present and the importance of undergoing network security training.
What is meant by Network Security?
Network security involves any activity that is done to protect a particular network and its data from an outside entity. And it involves both the hardware and software technologies. It involves multiple layers of protection both at the edge of the network, as well as inside it.
Only the allowed users are given access to the resources inside a network, whereas outside entities are barred from entering it. There is always a risk of external threats and it is of extreme importance to protect the inside resources.
In this growing digital world, the data is of the utmost importance for every organization. Data is one of the most powerful entity nowadays and certain wrongdoers are always on the look-out for anything that might potentially disrupt the daily life of people.
There are different types of security or cyber attacks present nowadays. Broadly, they are classified into two: Active and Passive attacks. Active attacks are those that involve in altering the system resources by directly altering the operation. Whereas, passive attacks are those which take the information from the system but doesn’t affect the operations of the network. We will take a look at a few of the cyber attacks in the next section.
Types of Security Attacks
- Denial of Service(DoS) attack: These type of attacks are in such a way that they disrupt the services. In this competitive world, an attack of this sort is enough to promote the competitor’s business. A similar type of attack is the DDoS, wherein the only difference is that the attack is from more than one host machines.
- Man in the middle(MitM) attack: This is a type of attack wherein the hacker presents itself between the communications of a client and a server. There are different types of attacks such as these Session hijacking, IP spoofing etc.
- Phishing: One of the most type of cyber attack seen nowadays. It is the practice of sending emails that seem to be from trusted sources with the intention of getting crucial information from the user. It can also be an illegitimate website that appears to be an exact copy of a trusted site. Even here, it tries to get private information from the user.
- Password attack: Another common security attack used to find the password of users to a particular service. It has two types – Brute force attack and dictionary attack. Brute force is basically trying of various passwords until one gets through. It is a repetitive process. The dictionary attack also tries out several different patterns but in this case, it will be of likely possibilities and not some random words.
- Eavesdropping attack: It mainly happens through the interception of network traffic. There are two types of eavesdropping – passive and active. In passive eavesdropping, the hacker captures the information sent over the network. In the case of active eavesdropping, the hacker disguises himself as a friendly attempt in an attempt to find information.
There are so many other types of attacks such as SQL Injection attack, Cross-site scripting attack, malware attack etc.
Network Security Training by the best institute in
Neral, Kalyan, Ulhasnagar, Badlapur area in Thane, Livewire Ambernath
As we can see, there are so many varieties of security attacks that can happen to an unsafe network. To make the private resources safe, a network security specialist is needed in every major company and this is precisely why network security or engineering training from a reputed institute like Livewire Ambernath is in huge demand.
Apart from the network security training, Livewire Ambernath Institute also provides quality PLC SCADA, Data Science, Python, MATLAB courses which is the best in Neral, Kalyan, Ulhasnagar, Badlapur areas in Thane. It is one of the best training institutes in the Ambernath – Mumbai – Thane region. Feel free to visit our website and browse through the courses available.