What is Ethical Hacking?
In today’s Digital era, the biggest threats are coming from Hacking world. Hackers are not taking it very seriously a few years back. But now the money spent in India is for Ethical hacking. Get trained in Best Ethical Hacking Course from Livewire assists for a proper Hacker world.
The term ‘hacking’ has been relevant in recent times with the spread of technology. More than a physical break-in, people are now afraid of an online break-in. Technological advancements have made hacking an important part of the current world.
Above all, it is crucial that everyone has a basic idea about hacking and the different types of hacking. Livewire understands this predicament and has managed to package one of the best ethical hacking certification course in Kerala, India.
Ethical Hackers are those employed by a certain entity and also manages to secure their network against possible cyber attacks from hackers. They are trained to think like external hackers and take precautionary or preventive measures. They should have a clear understanding of possible areas where hackers could take advantage of and gain entry into the system. This type of hacking is usually legal as it is with the knowledge of the respective authorities.
Ethical Hacking is just one type of hacking. Hackers are broadly divided into three:
White Hat Hackers
Also known as Ethical Hackers. They do not do anything illegal. They are the ones responsible for finding out vulnerable areas of a certain network and find ways to stop external entities from entering the system. Almost all major companies have White Hat Hackers.
Black Hat Hackers
They are the ones everyone is afraid of. Enters into external systems without proper permission and also extract valuable resources or simply disturb its operations. Above all, it is almost always an illegal process.
Grey Hat Hackers
They are a mix of both White Hat and Black Hat hackers. Most of the times, they do it for the fun of it. They don’t have the aim to steal sensitive information, rather to just enter into the network without proper permission.
Types of Hacking
There are so many different types of the hacking present. Some of them are:
This type of hacking involves cracking the login and password to someone else’s system.
This is the process of extracting passwords from data passed over between systems.
One of the most prominent types of hacking nowadays. It involves gaining unauthorized access to an email-id and also using it for their own evil needs.
The one type of hacking corporate companies is most afraid of. Furthermore, unauthorized access to a company’s network can cause irreparable damages.
This involves gaining unauthorized access to a website’s server and its basic capabilities such as database and other interfaces.
Advantages of Learning Ethical Hacking Course
Some of the advantages of ethical hacking Course are:
- Discovering vulnerable areas in the network that Hackers can take advantage of. The ethical hackers are the ones who can see from the point of view of real hackers and so, can easily identify the problem areas or weak points in the network.
- Making the network is safe and secure. They help in making sure the company or individual’s network is unbreachable. Similarly, they regularly do penetration testing on the network to prepare against potential attacks.
- To help gain the trust of customers and also ensure that their data is safe. Likewise, one of the most pivotal factors behind the success of any company is its ability to protect the privacy of its customers.
- To protect the country from terrorist attacks of any sort. So many of the terrorist attacks have been caused by national security breaches and is therefore of utmost importance that these networks are made unbreachable. One can also attack the networks of terrorist’s to gain insight into their working and plans.
How To Learn Ethical Hacking Course
Ethical Hacking might just be your career of choice! “How to learn Ethical Hacking? Here is describe 10 ethical hacking tools that ethical hackers must know than other tools. This will help you to become an ethical hacker.
Different categories of Hackers mentioned below,
Based on Intent of hacking system:
- White hat
- Black hat
- Grey hat.
Based on what they hack and how they do it
- Red Hat Hackers
- Blue Hat Hackers
- Elite Hackers
- Script Kiddie
Tools used by Ethical Hackers to prevent the systems:
- NMAP stands for Network Mapper.
- It is a free and open source utility for network discovery and also security auditing.
- It is useful for tasks such as network inventory, managing service upgrade schedules, and monitoring host or service uptime.
- Nmap runs on all major computer operating systems, and also official binary packages are available for Linux, and Windows. Also Mac OS X
- Metasploit is one of the most powerful exploit tools.
- used for penetration testing.
- It helps to verify vulnerabilities in addition to manage security assessments.
- Used with the command prompt or with Web UI.
- Burp Suite is a web application security testing platform which has various tools such as a proxy server, a web spider, scanner, intruder, repeater, sequencer, decoder, collaborator and extender.
Angry IP Scanner :
- Angry IP scanner is a very fast IP address and port Scanner. Which is not required any installation and can be freely copied as well as it can be used anywhere.
- It can scan IP addresses in any range as well as any their ports. And it is cross-platform and lightweight.
- Angry IP scanner simply pings each IP address to check if it’s alive, then optionally it is resolving its hostname, determines the MAC address, scans ports, etc. hence the amount of gathered data about each host can be extended with plugins.
- It also has additional features, like NetBIOS information (computer name, workgroup name, and currently logged in Windows user), favorite IP address ranges, web server detection, customizable openers, etc.
Cain & Abel :
- Cain & Abel is a sniffing and password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems.
- It allows easy recovery of various kind of passwords such as sniffing the network, cracking encrypted passwords using Dictionary, Brute-Force, and Cryptanalysis attacks, recording VoIP conversations, decoding scrambled passwords, recovering wireless network keys, revealing password boxes and uncovering cached passwords. In addition to analyzing routing protocols
- Ettercap stands for Ethernet Capture.
- It is a comprehensive suite for man in the middle attacks.
- Ettercap features sniffing of live connections and also content filtering on the fly. Also, many other interesting tricks.
- It supports active and passive dissection of many protocols such as many features for network and host analysis.
- Superscan is a free Windows-only closed-source TCP/UDP port scanner.
- It includes a variety of additional networking tools such as ping, traceroute, HTTP HEAD, and whois.
The Qualys Cloud is a web-based tool. And also used to serve an integrated solution for
- Asset Discovery
- Network Security
- Web Application Security
- Threat Protection
- Compliance Monitoring.
- It is a web application security assessment tool. Hence it helps identify known and unknown vulnerabilities within the Web application layer.
- Webinspect used to check the web server configuration and also attempts common web attacks. Web attacks such as parameter injection and cross-site scripting. Also directory traversal.
- L0phtCrack application.
- LC4 used For the password auditing and recovering.
- LC4 helps administrators secure Windows-authenticated networks through comprehensive auditing of Windows NT and Windows 2000 user account passwords.
LANguard Network Security Scanner:
- Are you security administrator and finding difficulties in securing your network effectively.
- This is the most wanted tool for the security administrator. It is for to scan. Also detect registry issues in all connected devices.
- Network stumbler is window monitoring tools. Awareness of This tool that all ethical hacker must know to check network configuration, signal strength, and coverage, and also detect interference between one or more wireless networks.
- Tone LOC stands for Tone locator used by a security officer to scan a list of telephone numbers, usually dialing every number in a local area code.
- It detects unauthorized devices on a company’s telephone network.
Thus at the end of Top 10 ethical Hacking Tools. At least These much tools are every ethical hacker must know.
If you are planning to learn Ethical Hacking then Get Ethical Hacking certification training. Thus, Livewire is the Best Ethical Hacking Training Institute for CEH Certification Course. Livewire also provides Ethical Hacking software course which trains the student on hacking tools and techniques to assess the security posture of a given IT network system.
Livewire is one of the best training institutes in Kerala, India and also the number one choice of students for a long time. Consequently, the ethical hacking course by Livewire teaches one from the basics of cyber attacks to more complex topics like the Internet of Things hacking. Other than the ethical hacking course, Livewire also has courses on Data Science, Network Security, Machine Learning, etc
You can read more about the Top 12 Indian Ethical Hackers In 2017.
Therefore, proper training and certification in Ethical Hacking from a reputed institute like Livewire will surely boost your chances of a successful career.
WHY LIVEWIRE ?
LIVEWIRE presents in more than 100 locations spread across seven countries. Our specialist training courses that are at the intersection of software, hardware, networking, and also management. We cater to the skill requirements of industries in the areas of IT Infrastructure Management, Electronic Design Automation, Industrial Automation, Software Development, and also Data Science.
We offer courses in association with world’s leading technology companies such as Cadence, CompTIA, Oracle, EC-Council, Axelos and Siemens.