Python History :
Python was developed in the year 1980 and implemented in December 1989 by Guido van Rossum at Centrum Wiskunde and Informatica(CWI) in the Netherland.
Python ranked first in the IEEE Spectrum's recent list of the top programming languages of 2017.
Why the Sudden increase in Python Language :
1. Though Python was implemented in the year 1980 it is not popular among developer. In the 21st century, Google made some changes in Python core logic which improved its performance and power. This makes the Python
2. The major reason for python popularity is DATA SCIENCE. Data science and machine learning are probably considered to be the main driver of its fast growth.
Python – General Purpose programming language:
Python is an open source and object-oriented programming language which is used for a variety for various purposes
1. Web programming development
2. Desktop application development
3. GUI application development
4. Writing system administration software
5. Used as the scripting language for SIMP, blender, open office etc
6. Most widely used a scripting language for hackers.
7. Used for data analysis
8. Use of python in software testing
Python – Web programming :
Python is considered to be the most popular language for web development.
The most popular Python web framework is
Python – GUI/Desktop application development:
Many programmers prefer to use python as it doesn’t require a longer line of coding. Enterprises also consider using python for development as it helps to reduce overheads, Development time and cost.
The most famous frameworks for developing standalone GUI applications are PyGTK, QT, TkInter, WxPython, Kivy, Camelot, PyjamasDesktop, Cocoa, CEF Python.
Used for data analysis:
According to a recent survey, 35% of data scientist use python for working with data.
Python is generally used in data analysis tasks as it needs to be integrated with web apps or if statistics code needs to be incorporated into a production database.
Use of python in software testing:
Automated software testing uses Python as preferred coding language as it is easier to learn, scripted, good support and open source language.
The feature of Python:
Easy to Understand:
Python is user-friendly, open source, the powerful language which allows programmers to focus on the solution to the problem rather than the syntax.
Object and Procedure oriented:
As Python is procedure oriented programming, it is reusable pieces of programs. In object-oriented programming, it is built around objects which combine data and functionality.
Integrating Python with Other Languages:
Python can integrate with another language. There are several mechanisms used to integrate python with another language such as
- Iron Python - Implementation of Python running on the CLR.
- Jython - Provides an implementation of the JVM
- Simplified Wrapper and Interface Generator - allows you to interop between C based languages and others, including.Net and Java.
As python is open source programming language, it is completely portable on all platform(Linux, Windows, Macintosh, Solaris, OS/2, Amiga, AROS, AS/400, BeOS, OS/390, z/OS, Palm OS, QNX, VMS, Psion, Acorn RISC OS, VxWorks, PlayStation, Sharp Zaurus, Windows CE and PocketPC) without any changes
Python Career Opportunities
There is no doubt that python has the huge job opportunity as its popularity increases by 40.4%. Python is one of the first fastest growing programming languages. According to the research done by David Robinson, a data scientist at Stack Overflow, “June 2017 was the first month that Python was the most visited tag on Stack Overflow within high-income nations”. Python ranked first in the IEEE Spectrum's recent list of the top programming languages of 2017.
Python job profile :
1. Software Engineer
2. Research Analyst
3. Data Analyst
4. Data Scientist
5. Software Developer
It is a right time to enhance your knowledge of Python programming language to jump-start your career.