Project Management Professional (PMP) is an internationally recognized professional designation. They are 729,552 active PMP certified individuals across 210 countries and territories worldwide. In Many companies project managers are responsible for all aspects of project delivery, leading, and directing cross-functional teams through a defined stage called initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closing.
The average project management professional without a PMP certification made $91,000 per year.
The top four factors that shape a high project manager salary.
· Work Experience
· Project Complexity
The top skills to improve that become a successful project manager :
1. Know the capabilities of team member
2. Know the process for issue management in project
3. Coping with changes and have a plan to deal with them
4. Creating a project budget
5. Improve your communication skill
6. Develop your leadership skill
Are you a project manager who confused about selecting the industry which provides you the highest salary. Here are top industries for project management professionals, ordered by salary range.
1. Engineering project management professional :
Average Pay : 1,114,216
Skills required to get high pay in this job :
- Computer Aided Design (CAD),
- Embedded / Real-Time / RTOS,
- People Management,
- Microsoft Project,
- and Product Development.
Top engineering companies hire project management professionals
1. Google Inc.
2. Aerospace Project Management Professional
Average Pay : 1,480,000
Top aerospace companies
3. Consulting Project Management Professional
Average pay : 3,00,000
Top Consulting Companies hire project management professionals
- Mckinsey and Company
- The Boston consulting group
- Bain and company
According to PMI report "India will require 70 lakh new project managers in next 10 years. India will emerge as the fastest growing country in the world for project management-oriented employment,"
"As the project management profession continues to show considerable growth, the global shortage of project talent will present exceptional opportunities for qualified professionals to begin and advance their careers," PMI President and CEO Mark A Langley said.
This is right time to enhance the knowledge in IT Service Management and grab the opportunities